Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Date + chocolate truffles - Vegan

Time to make 5 mins.
Now this is really a winner. When I was making it I thought it would taste like dates but it tastes like nice lovely chocolate.

Ingredients:
1) 15 dates (deseeded)
2) 2 tablespoon chocolate powder ( I use Cadbury's cocoa powder)
3) Coconut oil (I used parachute - no seriously I did but a pure coconut oil parachute bottle and I use it) but you can use any oil like olive or groundnut oil
4) Dry coconut powder (optional - but I love it)
5) A spoon of wine or rum (optional)
Steps:
1) In a blender blend dates and cocoa powder. I added a little coconut oil for it to be together. Also secret ingredient was a a spoon of wine. You can also add lots of orange zest to it and it will be yummy.

Now this was a problem for me as when I blended the dates were not blending properly. Then Priya suggested that we can microwave it. And I microwaved it for 20 seconds and mashed it with a spoon and it was fine. Maybe my dates weren't soft that's why But make sure the dates are mashed well.

2) Apply some coconut oil in hand and roll small balls of truffles. Roll them on coconut/dark chocolate.

3) You can eat them as soon as you make or refrigerate and eat.

No comments: